Pandem-Knits

Collaborations during this pandemic have been my sanity-savers! I've had the great fortune to work with Leann Bleakney of Silver Falls Fiber Company on several sweater patterns. Her beautiful hand-dyed yarns and keen color-sense have kept the hand-wringing at bay and have given my hands the opportunity to stay busy creating 3 new sweater patterns!


Sweater #1: Hi Lo Tee

Sweater #2: Times Like These

Sweater #3: Slip Into Days


These patterns were written during quarantine due to Covid-19 (a time when keeping track of the day of the week seemed futile if not unnecessary). Throughout quarantine I found myself repeatedly reminded of the song, Tea for One by Led Zeppelin: 

 

How come twenty four hours
Baby sometimes seem to slip into days?
Oh, twenty-four hours
Baby sometimes seem to slip into days, yeah
One minute seems like a lifetime
Oh baby, when I feel this way
Sittin' lookin' at the clock
Time moves so slow
I've been watchin' for the hands to move
Until I just can't look no more

            -Robert Plant & Jimmy Page

 

I hope that you will allow time to slow down a bit while you knit these sweaters. As the stitches slip from your left to right needles, take a moment to enjoy the process and the opportunity you have given yourself to create something with your own two hands.


Be Well,

Kelly Forster

KIS Designs

KIS Designs Website

Want to find out how you can get your hands on Silver Falls Fiber Company's beautiful yarns?

Contact Leann Bleakney at lbleakney@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating a Collage (Skirt) With Your Stash. A FREE formula from KIS Designs

Track your Stash: A Worksheet for 4 Strands Sweater

There's a Half-Full Moon rising!