Looking for a Sense of Direction


I love knitting on the road. Windows down, radio on, the hum of the engine and the feel of the yarn and needles in my hands (It's okay-- I'm not the one behind the wheel)!

It's all so relaxing...until my husband hands me the map and asks me to find the directions to where we're driving.  Why does he do this to me? Furthermore, why does he do this to himself??

My husband was born with a 100% accurate internal compass. Mine was broken when I got it. Never, ever works!

Here's what I see when I look at a map: I see lines going "this way" intersecting with lines going "that way". Scribbles on a complicated-to-fold page.  I give it a try every time.  I will stare at that map until the creases in my brow match those on the page in my lap.  Then I take out my phone and ask Google Maps to talk us through the directions. She talks, he listens, I knit and we all arrive at our destination. God bless you Google Maps! 

New Hat Pattern: Sense of Direction
Available now in my Ravelry Shop here: https://www.ravelry.com/designers/kelly-forster

This hat is the ideal summer hat: versatile, lightweight and airy. Wear it as a slouch hat, or roll the brim for a closer fit. It's a great camper cap because you can cover your tent-tresses and hammock-head completely if you have the need! It's so portable (it rolls up and fits nicely in the water-bottle pocket of a day pack) and easy to care for: just wash and wear!

White version was knit in Hikoo Cobasi Plus which is a springy, cotton/bamboo/silk and elastic nylon yarn .
Red version was knit in Juniper Moon Farms Sabine which is a cotton/llama and merino blend yarn. This yarn has been discontinued but you can still find a few skeins online here: 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating a Collage (Skirt) With Your Stash. A FREE formula from KIS Designs

Hard Copies of select patterns are now available!

Track your Stash: A Worksheet for 4 Strands Sweater