Rush Hour Knitting












Wind
In my hair
Shifting and drifting
Mechanical music
Adrenaline surge
Well-oiled leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

-RUSH
Red Barchetta
from the album: Moving Pictures
New Pattern Release:

Sunlight on Chrome was inspired by one of my favorite songs, and has been nearly 2 years in the making!

I roughed-out the original idea for this pattern after watching Rush in Rio (amazing!!!) which sparked a renewal in my somewhat obsessive Rush fandom. Red Barchetta has always been my absolute favorite Rush song and so I let it be my inspiration for this piece.

To fully exemplify Red Barchetta, I knew the piece needed to be shiny, have loads of beads and just the right yarn--which did not necessarily need to be red, but absolutely had to be chrome-like!  The rough-draft of this pattern sat patiently in my folder waiting for a yarn that would bring it to life--and along came Teresa Ruch Designs' gorgeous, hand-dyed tencel yarn. It was a perfect match!







In a Rush to Cast On your very own Sunlight on Chrome? Grab your PDF downladable pattern here: Cast On!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating a Collage (Skirt) With Your Stash. A FREE formula from KIS Designs

Hard Copies of select patterns are now available!

Track your Stash: A Worksheet for 4 Strands Sweater